Selected Pics

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Pentatomidae


I dunno what kind of stink bug this is, but I really liked it's markings.

I've been submitting photos to Bug Guide and have received some help with identification. It's really an amazing site. It's almost a bugwiki, but more moderated.

I also just got a new book: Insects: Their Natural History and Diversity; With a photographic guide to insects of eastern North America by Stephen A Marshall. It's incredible. I've been addicted to picking it up and reading a few pages here and there or just looking through the photographs like a little kid with a picture book. Marshall trivia for the day: The stink bug family, Pentatomidae, is named after the five-segmented antennae.

I'm expecting my new flash and extension rings today. I hate waiting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: