Selected Pics

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Gonzo Weevil


I'm not exactly sure why the weevil is on the window screen (what would it eat here?), but it looks very muppetish -- ala Gonzo. The macro shows the fuzziness of this beetle too, Makes you just want to cuddle him. On the technical side, I like how the beetle's organic shape overcomes the monochromatic quality of the photo to stand out from the linear regularity of the screen. Posted by Hello

5 comments:

Hypatia said...

This was taken with the Fujifilm S5000 with the Raynox M250 lense 1/400s, focal length 57 mm, f5.0 and 160 ISO.

Sidney said...

WOW ! This is an amzing animal.
Great pictures in your blog.

Hypatia said...

I guess it's not dignified to do a little jig and sing, "Someone noticed my photoblog!"

Thanks, Sidney! I think your photos are great too. I admire your bravery, spiders are far less scary than people.

Anonymous said...

I like the DOF in this shot. It looks almost alien. I t works well in landscape format as well. Nice.

Hypatia said...

I had to look up "DOF." I'm such a newbie. Thanks! I like it too. The focus is like a gravitational force, the eyes are ducked into that plane and have to struggle to look away.