Selected Pics

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Monday, June 13, 2005

A Thorn by Any Other Name


I don't know the name of this spider, but I've heard it called a "Thorn Spider" and a "Cat's Head Spider". I adore the markings, the angular abdomen and the grace of this spider in movement and repose. This was taken 6-5-05 at 9:30 am. Fujifilm S5000 with the Raynox macrolens. 1/105s, f/3.2, ISO 200, focal length 51mm. Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your pictures - my kids and I fed our pet spider and it was really neat to watch. We looked up info about him on the net and found your site. It looks just like your cat head spider - I think it might be an orb spider.