Selected Pics

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005


Here's the Roxbourough Assassin Bug. A little more colorful than my first entry. I saw this fellow while looking at a spittle bug, later another Assassin Bug landed on my shirt. Sometimes I feel like the bug whisperer.

This is my first entry going from Fujifilm's Raw format, then to tif (via IrfanView 3.97). One downside, my shutter speed and aperature aren't recorded like in the jpeg format.  Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Kousik said...

I guess Assassins come in lots of varity and coloration. This guy seems to be built solid!
-----------------------
When I convert my RAW to TIFF, I lose my EXIF header. But for each corresponding image my camera produces a thumbnail JPG image (15KB), which contains the camera settings. I keep it along with the TIFF, and if I convert the TIFF to JPG for posting in net (or email to some nature-pics group), I transfer the Exif header from the thumbnail to new cropped/resized JPEG. jhead can do that.

Hypatia said...

I think I found a hatchling today and his build was amazingly slight.

I don't seem to have an EXIF header even in my RAW format. Picasa just says "No EXIF" It's hard to find info on *.RAF files (Fujifilm's native format).

I just got Cygwin on the box and am working on getting GIMP. No clue as to why I'm having so many problems this time around. GTK+ version problems. I was hoping that would give me more control.