Selected Pics

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005


This is the bug match to Kousik's colorful beauty The Colorado version hides well in green leaves, but doesn't compare for the striking coloration of the Bangalore bug. If you look at the larger version of this picture, you can see the green cousin does have horn-like epaulets -- that's kinda cool. :) Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your gallery is excellent. Congratulation.

Kousik said...

She's a beauty! The camouflage would be awesome -- how did you notice it? (I know the answer)

In Bangalore (India) I see them in brilliant colors. Didn't know his US cousins are like this.

Great shot.

Hypatia said...

To Julio: Thanks so much! I've very glad you came to visit.

To Kousik: Thanks! And, yes, I have my head in the shrubbery most of the time. I'm amazed at what I see when I'm simply quiet and a few inches from a plant.

I would love to travel to photograph insects and spiders. Post more so I can experience them vicariously!