Selected Pics

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005


Here you can see the palps of the cannibal spider as well as the diaxial fangs in the huge chelicerae. While setting up my camera I startled the cannibal away a few times, each time he returned and began to feed in the lower part of the abdomen, but slightly different puncture sights each time. I did record a bit of "chewing" once the spider became acclimated to my close presence. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The D said...

I'm not a huge fan of spiders as in, gee, a spider, I love it and I want to hold it. I just love your pictures and the clarity of them, great stuff.

Hypatia said...

Thanks! I used to be indifferent to them but recently I've turned into a real fan. The more I watch them, the more I like them. :)

I've been really struggling to get these up close shots, I'm glad it's working!