Selected Pics

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005


I believe this bush is a Buddleia davidii. They popped up all over my yard last year and wow, what a popular plant with the butterflies and bumblebees. I read that these native Chinese bushes are considered invasive in Connecticut. I guess they are here too, but they sure attract pleasant company. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In England these are known as 'The butterfly bush' and are sold as garden plants to attract wildlife,
they come in various shades of purple pink and some white

Hypatia said...

I'd heard that name too, but I wasn't sure how popular that name was. They seem to really thrive here in Colorado -- they're popping up all over my yard. I don't think I could stop their spread if I wanted. :)